Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Yard Work

Since spring is finally here we are able to start working in our yard! Last spring my Aunt helped me get the front all done so now year after year I just have to plant the same stuff in the same spot. Easy... Kinda... I might want to trying something different this year. I go to the store and there is so many pretty flowers to choose from how can I ever decide? So I have:
  1. Hanging basket on porch
  2. Pot on porch
  3. Arch pot holder (3 small baskets)
  4. Whisky barrel
  5. 2 pots one on either side of the garage

I got pink inpatients for the hanging basket and the arch planter. And a geranium for the whisky barrel. Now I have to decide on the pots in front by the garage. They are the most important b/c they are front and center. I want something bright and pretty.... pink for sure.. Gerber daisy's? I love them but they are $$$$ maybe just vinka. They are hardy and pretty and they come in some really pretty pinks :) For the pot on the porch, it gets no sun so I almost have to go with inpatients, but I love those so no biggie.

On to the back yard, This weekend Jeremy tilled up the flower bed and put new landscaping bricks around it. It looks great! I can not wait to fill it with beautiful flowers :) My Aunt gave us a hydrangea bush for Elizabeths birthday to plant in her memory. So I will get that put in and I got a pink rose bush the other day to put in there as well. Then I just need a couple other perennial things to put in there and I am done with that flower bed. I still have a small area around our tree in back to fill with something and want to set some pots with flowers on the deck.

I am so happy spring is here. I love looking at pretty flowers all summer. Somehow thick green grass and bright flowers everywhere make the world a little brighter :)

1 comment:

011 said...

ooooh you redecorated your blog! i love it:)

can't wait to come over and see all the pretty landscaping you've been doing!