Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I have a 5 year old

I can not even believe I am saying those words out loud... 5 years old.... How did this happen? He is no longer and baby and I am realizing my time at home with him is only going to be the rest of this summer and then he is in school full time! YIKES!

About Jack:

Born May 25th, 2004 at 2:07 pm. He was 8lbs 7oz and 21in long. He came out looking nothing like I expected. Light brown hair and the bluest eyes. He cried all the time! The only thing that quieted him was the vacuum cleaner, in fact I went online and bought a CD of it and we played it all the time. Before I knew it he was 6 months old and the cutest baby with the biggest smile. He loved Elmo and hated taking his breathing treatments.

When he turned 2 he loved to watch "pooh pigic" (Winnie the pooh) he was so sweet and very busy.

Then he was 3 and full blown in to CARS... everything was CARS, he even got a new big boy room decorated by his daddy in Cars, just the way he wanted it. He was beginning to give up his naps and made some very interesting messes while in his room "napping".

Next came 4 he was big time in to Thomas, but hadn't lost his love cars. He got a new Thomas table and had collected almost all the trains and could tell you what he had and what he didn't. All of the sudden he was a little boy not a baby, he wanted to watch Sponge Bob instead of Dragon Tails, and likes Spiderman, and Monster Trucks. He has an imagination that will take him to a whole new world and the best sound effects ever. He has a heart of gold and is the apple of my eye. He loves his sister, but teases her from time to time. He loves to swim and has gotten very good at it. Loves to be outside driving his hummer, riding his bike or scooter. I thank God every day for letting me be his mom and bringing him into my life. I tell me friends without kids, I can't wait until you have kids so you can know a love like this. I love him so much it hurts. I can't wait to keep watching my little bear grow and learn knew things. He amazes me everyday. I love the stories he tells and am trying to remember all of them so I can tell him how cute he was when he was little.

Happy 5th Birthday Baby Jack.

I love you SO MUCH!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!! Next week I'll have my adventures with my 5 year old...omg...how does this keep happening!! make them stop growing!!! ;)