Thursday, May 28, 2009

Emma Visits Gamma

Here is the story my mom told after watching Emma the other day:

My Emma story. She stayed with me while the boys had swim lessons this morning. I have these flash cards that she brought to me off of the desk. She sat on my lap and I ask her what each thing was and what color. She did really well with what the object was, but colors she really hasn't mastered, except I can tell you her favorite is purple. When we were done she wanted to hold the cards, so that was fine. She went and climbed up in the rocker in the computer room and got her cards all straightened out and pretty soon I hear, "Gamma" and I turned to look at her and she was holding up a card and said "what's this"!!!! I did all of them she ask me. It was so cute. She really thought she was a big girl! Later she was trying to carry the booster seat out of the room but Charley was laying in the doorway and she was having a hard time, so I ask her if she needed help. Yes, she said. So I took it from her and said where are you going? TV, was her response. So I turned around to set the booster seat back in the room, and she says, no, no, no. I said you want to sit in this to watch TV? "YES", she said so I took it out in the living room. I proceeded to turn on PBS and she was going through all the movies. I went and set down and finally she brings me the CARS movie. Well I knew her Mom would be back shortly, so I didn't want to start a movie. Then all at once some show she likes came on so she sat her little booster seat directly in front of the TV and enjoyed PBS until her much loved Mommie got here. She was a very good little girl.

No comments: