Monday, December 20, 2010

Shellac

I made a new discovery 2 weeks ago while getting a pedi. Shellac. It is a wonderful new way to keep your natural nails polished and looking good without changing polish every few days or wearing fake nails. You go in and they apply 4 coats of shellac. Base, 2 coats of color, and top. you let each layer dry under a UV light for 2 minutes and you leave with completely dry, hard, shiny, un-smudged nails. The cost is around $25 with a manicure and about $15 for just a polish change. When you want to take the shellac off, you just go in (or do it at home) and they soak cotton in acetone, place it on your nail and wrap you nails in tin foil. Then the shellac just scraps off. It lasted great for me. I went exactly 2 weeks in between polish changes (bc my nails grow fast) I had one small chip from peeling a price tag off. I just filed the nail down and you couldn't tell it had chipped. Then yesterday (day 13 of polish) 2 nails peeled off. I'm not really sure how it happened. But I still think shellac is a good thing for special occasions or for someone who cant get to their nails every few days but likes to have them polished.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Wow how wonderful!! Im on a mission now to find this!! Thanks Tori!!