Tuesday, December 21, 2010
The meaning of Christmas
I am well aware that the true meaning of Christmas is the most important thing of the season. With that being said, as a mother, Christmas has taken on a whole new meaning. I almost enjoy Christmas more now then I did as a child. I remember the magic of Christmas growing up. Church followed by home made dinner and treats, presents with family, laughter and love, and the anticipation of Santa coming that night. It was great then, and once I stopped believing in Santa, it lost the magic and like most kids, it was just about the presents. Now I have my own kids to play Santa for and I want it all to be perfect. Every parent will tell you that the look on your child's face when they get the gift they have been waiting all season for is priceless and every parents true gift at Christmas. So while I know that is not what the season is all about, I do not feel in the wrong for wanting to make a magical, wonderful Christmas for my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I know you and your family well...and I know that you are raising your kids to know who God and Jesus are and what Jesus did for us. But I agree with you...when your a little kid and you can't really grasp the importance of that, presents are what they get excited about! I don't think there's anything wrong with that either. You keep doing what you're doing mama!
I don't think that's wrong, either. We don't really buy "stuff" for our kids all year long, so the 2 chances we get to pick things out for them that we know they want-we LOVE! Birthdays and Christmas :) You're an awesome mom! Merry Christmas to your fam!
Post a Comment