Thursday, December 9, 2010

Our tree

When I was growing up, I wanted a "theme" tree so bad. I wanted a perfectly matching, well organized tree with more beauty then sentiment. But we didn't. Every year we put up the same old tree with multi colored lights and a bunch of hallmark ornaments marking the years gone by. 4 babys first Christmas and a special ornament for each kid for every year following. I vowed when I got married, I was not going to have a tree like that. But our first house was very small and we didn't have room for a big tree so we just used a small table top tree and the ornaments my mom sent with me when I moved out. You guessed it, the hallmark tree. O-well I didn't really care, it was Jacks first Christmas and I was excited about using his new ornaments anyway. Fast forward 7 years and I am so sentimental about our tree. I love it so much I could sit and stare at it every night from the time we put it up until the day we take it down. I.LOVE.IT. I still want a beautiful theme tree in my house but I simply can not part with my hallmark tree. Here are a few of my favorites!!

Our First Christmas Together

Jacks First Christmas

Emma's First Christmas

The Year We Became 3

The Year We Became 4

The Christmas's I Was Expecting

The Traditional Son and Daughter (they get one every year)

The Mother and Daughter My Mom Gave Me and I Will Give Emma

The Angel Section For Our Sweet Angel, Elizabeth

Just 2 Of My Collection Of I Love Lucy

Our Memories


1 comment:

LC said...

I love your tree! And if you still want a theme tree, you can always have 2!