Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Saving

Why is it that my list of things I need to save for keeps getting bigger and bigger instead of smaller? I think to myself, ok I need to save every penny I can and then I can pay for this. But the months keep flying by and I have nothing to show for it except an ever growing list of things to save for. My mom told me to make a list and prioritize the order. So.....
~my cousins wedding in June. Away from home so it is a mini vacation. Gas, hotel, food, entertainment, gifts and just all the little things that go with being in a wedding and going on a mini vacation. $500
~ Christmas savings. We spend about $800 each year buying gifts, sending cards, making food, and decorating for the Christmas season. And every year it seems to grow a little. $900
~Bunk Beds. Jack sleeps in the basement, well at least his bed is in the basement. But he hates it and frankly so do I. I hate having him so far away, I like being able to reach my kids at all times. So the best solution I can think of is bunk beds in Emma's room. That way he can have a bed to sleep in upstairs and he will still have his own room when he gets older and hates his sister :) By the time you buy beds, mattresses, and bedding at least $400
~ A new mattress for daddy and mommy. Jeremy has been complaining about the mattress for years, but I have been feeling the effects of the way to soft pillow top lately myself. Some mornings when I wake up even my jaw hurts from that damn thing. $400
These are just the things on the top of my list I have so many other things I want to save for like a new stove, kitchen table, living room furniture, back yard landscaping, a privacy fence and more importantly I have to come up with $1800 to pay off my washer and dryer before the end of the month. HHHMMMM I think I need to stop wishing and start saving. I have always been a big dreamer, it looks like I am very good at it! At least I am rich in life, I have the most wonderful family and friends and good faith. Isn't that all a girl really needs? Who needs all these material things anyway! :)

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Tori, for the Christmas stuff, this is my plan...a tote for everyone (parents, siblings, the kiddos) and buy things on sale or clearance all year long and then $20 here and there isnt soooo scary come November!!!!!

and...we dont do big christmas's as far as gifts go, we do big birthdays (esp since Olivia's bday is in Nov and Jakers in in Dec) and then we celebrate "Happy Tax Day"!!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Oh, my goodness! I know what you mean about the neverending list to save for! I have the same problem.