Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve



For some insane reason that I have still not figured out, I waited until Wednesday to go get my groceries to make green bean casserole for Thanksgiving. The stores were packed! It was the longest I have waited in line on a Wednesday afternoon at Walmart in my life! I only had Emma with me because Jack was playing in the leaves over at my brothers. I had just pulled in the garage when my brother called and I could hear Jack crying in the background. He reported Jack had fallen out of the back of his truck and hit his head "pretty hard". I rushed over to find a FILTHY dirty little boy with a bleeding head. Off to the emergency room! We got there and they were busy, really on a Wednesday afternoon?? Whatever. They checked him in and sent us to the waiting room, where he gave me the scare of a lifetime. I turned on the tv for him and he looked up and started to cry and told me he couldn't see. WHAT!!!!!!!! YOU CANT SEE!!!?????? The very nice nurse walked by right then as I am frantic, and told me he would be fine, he probable just has a concussion. WHEW! Once we went back to the room he had to change into a gown. I am not kidding you when I say that he was so filthy from rolling in the leaves all afternoon that there was a pile of dirt and leaves on the floor where he was standing to change. (mommy was a little embarrassed!) After a thorough exam from 2 different Doctors, they concluded he has a concussion and I just needed to watch him and wake him up every 4 hours in the night and he would be fine! So relived he is OK.


2 comments:

LC said...

BOYS!!!! Glad he's okay;)

Sallinger said...

Oh no!! What a GREAT start to the long weekend :( Glad he's ok, but that's scary!