Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Last project
When we moved into our house over 3 years ago, we striped wallpaper and painted every room...well almost, not the bathrooms. This winter after begging jeremy to do it for years and even asking a few other people, I did the upstairs ones myself. I didn't do to bad for it being my first time! Since yesterday was a rain day and we were stuck inside, I decided to tackle the basement bathroom. It is huge, like stupidly huge, it could be another bedroom it's that big. It also has a beautiful purple/bluish carpet in it with light purple walls and the ugliest wallpaper boarder I have ever seen, well almost the ugliest. So I took a bottle of windex and a scraper and went to town.. I am pretty sure that stuff was super glued on..man am I glad that part is over! Oh but wait I forgot this tiny wall between the shower and cupboard! POOP! O-well its only about 6-8 inches... can't be that bad... right? I yanked down all the towel bars, because like the rest of the house I hated the color and hated where they were placed. The people who lived here before us we very nice but they had the worst decorating style I have ever seen. Geeze these people were challenged. (not that I am an expert) Now I have the holes filled and some of the taping done. I need to sand over the puddied holes and rough spots, wipe down the walls and I am ready to paint! the best part is that I found spray paint to paint my towel bars so I don't have to replace them! YIPPEE! I wonder if I am going to have to take the lights down to spray them? Probably so... but that is going to require some help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
good for you! I hate DIY projects...
Post a Comment