Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dear Sandi

I can't believe its been 5 years since I last saw you. I still remember standing in my kitchen making my leftover Chinese food and thinking I wonder where mom, dad, Doyle and Sandi are going to dinner? I remember hearing so many sirens so close and thinking geez I wonder what happened? I remember answering the phone mid bite and hearing my mom tell me you were gone. So much has changed since that day. Those sweet little Burt boys, well they are getting so big. Tanner is almost 15 and starting high school, can you believe that? Walker Gage and Gavin are getting way to big too! Sweet baby Trevor is starting kindergarten this fall, he looks just the same as he did the last time you rocked him to sleep. Fussy baby Jack, well he is 5 years old and going to kindergarten this fall to! I remember my last conversation with you, talking about how fussy he was and I had just come from the doctor with him and thought maybe he was getting better. My life is filled with fond memories of you, I wish you were here to fill it with more. We miss you Sandi and think of you often. It warms my heart to think of you looking down smiling on your family and friends and being proud of how your children have turned out. I am especially thankful you were waiting in heaven for my little girl. I am glad she has you to take care of her until I get there. We miss you, miss your advice and yummy food, your smile and mostly just you.

With Love from all of us!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh Tori, I'm bawling now! Thanks for writing this and posting it! She really was amazing wasn't she!? It's so great to hear others' memories of her.