Monday, June 15, 2009

A Wonderful Wedding Weekend







This weekend was my cousin Matt's wedding. Jack was the ring bearer, I was a bridesmaid and Jeremy was an usher. We got up at 5:30 on Friday morning to get ready and finish packing. When we got Emma out of bed and her pull up was dry! She happily went in to the bathroom and went potty, she didn't wet her pants the whole rest of the day. Every stop we made she pottied. Interesting that she picked a 7 hour road trip an a busy wedding weekend to finally potty train. The drive was very long but the kids did great, no whining and complaining, and no are we there yets! We arrived at our hotel in time for the guys to try on their tuxes and the little kids to go swimming. We went to rehearsal that evening and had a great time. I went to bed while some others stayed up far too late and drank way to much! (hehim...Tadd)


Tadd resting in the church before the wedding






Saturday morning started early, I got my hair done at 8:30. I was really nervous about getting it done by someone I didn't know or pick myself, but luckily she did a great job! My hair looked awesome. (It better have for $50) (oh, yeah ladies I said $50). Then I rushed back to the hotel to curl my sisters hair and Emma's. Then off to the church to get ready. Before I knew it, we were walking down the isle. Jack took some persuading, but did make it down the isle and sat entertainingly by my feet during the ceremony. We road a limo bus to Story Book Land after the wedding and took some cute pictures. Then onto the reception. We had a great time! Jeremy took the kids up to the room early so I could stay and dance the night away. So fun, but man oh man did my feet hurt in the morning. My shoes, while very cute, murdered my feet.








Sunday morning came far to soon. We ate breakfast and said our goodbyes. Then on the road again. This drive was much longer... or so it felt. And the kids weren't quite as happy to ride the 7 hours. We got home about 4 and we were all exhausted. But as you know, coming home from a trip is a mess. Unpacking putting away, and for us picking up our dog. The kids and I ran over to get them from the "doggy motel" and they were COVERED in pee. It was like they had been laying in it all weekend. So back home we came so I could bathe and blow dry both dogs before Charlie went back home to my parents. Needless to say, we all collapsed into bed and slept great. So there it is, we have planned and waited for this weekend for 1 1/2 and now it's been and gone.... Now we are left with the beautiful memories.








Congrats to the newly weds!

Matthew and Amanda Engler








2 comments:

LC said...

beautiful wedding!

and go emma! you little potty queen:)

Megan said...

you look BEA-UTIFUL in that pic, girlie!