Monday, January 3, 2011

Bah humbug?

I absolutely love the Christmas season. I love decorating and shopping for the perfect gift for everyone. However, I find after Christmas, when all the decorations must come down and the new gifts must find a home in my already exploding home quite depressing. There is absolutely nothing fun about taking down the tree and all the pretty festive decorations that I have enjoyed for the last month. It is a lot of work and, well, depressing! BUT, I had forgotten about the silver lining to taking down all the Christmas decor. RE-DECORATING!!! Some new pillows for the couch and a rearrangement of current decor and I have a whole new living room! It is still a work in progress and Emma and I need to make a trip to Gordmans today to complete the living room make over. But it totally took me out of the bah humbug ;) Its the simple things in life that make a girl happy!
This is the ladder shelf I got from my Grandmas house when she passed away last winter I am so happy to have it in my living room now. It is still a work in progress and what Emma and I will be doing today! :)

This is the saying I am going to paint on the plate at the bottom of the shelf.

I have had this poster for 8 years and never gotten it framed and hung up. So finally my darling husband cut it to size and I hung it in the living room.

Took the covers off the cushions and threw them in the washing machine and they came out looking brand new!! Some new pillows to complete the look!

Finally got pictures hung in the bathroom! The sticks in the vase came from my dead flowers out front. Love them!!

3 comments:

LC said...

Everything looks wonderful!!!

Carie said...

Love it, Tori! You have such a good eye! :)

Carie said...

Love it, Tori! You have such a good eye! :)