Monday, August 10, 2009

strollers

Why is buying a new stroller so frustrating and so much work for me? I have the nice big travel system, standard stroller for Emma. It is nice, very nice. When I bought it at Kids Stuff Super Store (for more money then I care to admit) I was on cloud nine! But now Emma is getting bigger and I just want a light weight umbrella type stroller to cart her around in. We have a criteria for the stroller, has to have tall handles, as I am 5'7 and am not going to be all hunched over while pushing her and it should be pink, we are sick of all the boy gear! SO she and I have been talking and we are getting a new PINK stroller. She is stoked! I have the Chicco one all picked out in the cutest pink color, Lipstick :)
BUT yesterday I was at super Target and test drove the Maclaren equivalent.... OMG such a nice stroller! So I was sure the Chicco one was just as good.... Stopped by Kids Stuff and test drove it.....no, its not near as nice :( BOO! The handles are too short and I kick the wheels when I push. No bueno.....The one at Target was more money and navy blue....that's not what I want...ok not to fret I will go home and shop online :) Get home read all the reviews for both strollers and the Maclaren wins. Alright now to find a pink one we can afford, first up is a powder pink and white one, it is a go for everything except... I don't love the color.
So then I find it... a raspberry and black version and I love it!!!!!! It is perfect in every way! Ok that's it I'm done......but not really. It is sold out everywhere, I can not find that stroller AT ALL! Oh barf. After many hours of looking for it I finally gave up and knew I had to decide between the powder pink and a red one I found on eBay for $30 less then the pink. I decided to sleep on it but had pretty much made up my mind that I would get the red, gender neutral and $30 less just makes the most sense. Up this morning to purchase my red stroller...but wait its gone. That's right gone, all 10 available were snatched up in the night. SWEET! So I guess its the powder pink for us......unless by some miracle I find a raspberry one in the next little bit. Who knew getting a simple umbrella stroller would be do difficult!
The Perfect Stroller (that I can't find anywhere)



2 comments:

Tonia Koch said...

that sucks huss!! i know how ya feel though! you can NEVER get what you want!! me either!! boo!!

The A family said...

hey tori have you checked albeebaby.com. They dont have the rasberry one but they do have some cute maclaren...and other brands...free shipping! Good luck - I will keep my eyes peeled for you too!